Sci-fi, fantasy, comics, games and stuff
Privacy and cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer. A cookie will typically contain:
- the name of the website from which the cookie has come
- an expiry date (after which it is no longer used)
- some data (often a randomly generated number)
Cookies are used by websites so that they can treat you as an individual. For example they can be used to:
- remember if you have logged in
- remember options that you selected (so that you don't have to reselect the options each time you visit)
- To collect statistics about how the site is used. We use this information when planning for the future and developing the site.
- To store some information when you move between pages (for example, if you are using an interactive element such as an online form).
- To know if you are logged in and, optionally, to remember you between visits (so when you return you will see the members or admin options that you are used to - when you use them, you will be asked to log in again).
The cookies are not used to gather personal information and store no personal data. We cannot use the cookies to tell us who you are nor track your individual use of the site.
The table below lists the cookies we use, their purpose and when they expire.
|__atuvc||This cookie is set by Addthis to make sure you see the updated count if you share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.||1 year||Functional|
|__atuvs||This cookie is set by Addthis to make sure you see the updated count if you share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.||30 minutes||Functional|
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years||Analytics|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.||1 day||Analytics|
|_gat_dotCommunity||Set by the dotCommunity system (the system used to host and administrate this website.||1 minute||Functional|
|uvc||The cookie is set by addthis.com to determine the usage of Addthis.com service.||1 year||Analytics|
|loc||This cookie is set by Addthis. This is a geolocation cookie to understand where the users sharing the information are located.||1 year||Advertisement|
We link to partner sites to provide some services such as selling tickets and merchandise. We have no control over nor access to any cookies set by those sites.
Enabling or disabling cookies
We recommend that you allow all cookies set by this site as they help us provide you with a better service. If you decide to disable our cookies then you may not be able to use all the functionality of the website.
You can find information about how to enable or disable cookies on the About Cookies website.